Thursday, January 30, 2014

DIY Air Freshener and Pillow Spray


Even if you don't use essential oils for their healing properties, I think one thing we can all agree on is that they smell amazing! In my quest to reduce the toxins in my house, I decided my next project would be air freshener and a pillow mist. I'm not going to write a paragraph boring you explaining why air fresheners are terrible for you, so here is this image I found and it sums it up pretty well.



Here's what you'll need




  • Vodka- I use the cheapest kind for this
  • Glass bottles that spray- glass is the best to store your oils in!
    • I used the small blue for a pillow mist
    • I wanted a larger bottle for my air freshener so I bought a cheap plastic cleaning bottle from walmart for the spritzer, and used a recycled glass bottle from my drinking water. 
  • Essential oils- head on over to my page to find out how to save 24% off retail
  • Tap water


Air Freshener

For this I chose citrus oils because they are energizing and up-lifting. I combined 5 drops of each oil (grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, lime, and orange) with 1.5 cups of water, and a half of cup of vodka. 





Pillow Spray
I diffuse lavender it on nights my mind is racing and I'm have trouble sleeping. For my pillow spray I decided to add just the lavender. Since this bottle was a lot smaller I took, 1/2 cup water, 8-10 drops of lavender, and about 2 table spoons of vodka.





No comments:

Post a Comment