Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Laundry Detergent


As part of my New Years Resolution I decided I wanted to not only watch the foods I consume but also eliminate the toxins in my cleaning and beauty products. In my effort to do so, I decided to start with some easy.. Laundry Detergent. I searched the internet and almost all recipes included three common ingredients; borax, washing soda, and fels-naptha soap.

For this recipe you will need


  • 1 box of Borax- 4 lbs 12 oz
  • 1 box of Washing Soda- 3 lbs 7 oz
  • 1 box of Baking Soda- 4 lbs
  • 3 bars of Soap- I used Fels Naptha
  • Container for storing
Instructions
Finely grate Fels Naptha. Combine all ingredients together and store in container of your choice. Use 1/4 cup of detergent per load.
I also add a tablespoon of homemade fabric softener.


No comments:

Post a Comment